Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thoughts & prayers

Re: thoughts & prayers

Quote Originally Posted by bl0ndie87 View Post
    Thank you so much for sharing the story of your friend. It is very difficult to see past the negative and believe in good things coming from such a tragedy. He is only a friend of mine, and judging by what I have been feeling, I cannot imagine the amount of pain his family is going through. I guess we have to roll with the punches and pray every single day for him. Thank you again, it helps a lot just to hear other takes on this situation.
    It is difficult to see past the negative, but if you only think of and look for negative, that is all you will see. He is alive, that alone is a prayer answered. And paralysis is not the end of the world. There are so many more things he could be other than paralyzed.

Just take it one day at a time and thank God for every small little blessing. He maybe on machines for a little while to help him out while his body adjusts and he heals. While its frightening and painful to see remember those machines are helping him and without them, he may not still be with you. He may have lost mobility, but you have not lost your friend, he still has a life. You can still talk to him and hug him and spend time with him, he is alive and not dead. That alone is a blessing.

If you need anything, I am here. Please feel free to drop me a line if you need to talk. I know for me, sometimes talking helps. Writing helps me to. To put everything that is happening down on paper (ok MS Word), then I post it here or in a blog or both. Sometimes, it's soothing and like releasing poison.

I wish you the best...

Sometimes I feel just like Sharpay from High School Musical....
    "Don't you see that bigger is better and better is bigger. A little bit is never enough!!! No! No! No! I want it all!"

Some people choose to remain in the past with life, love and happiness; never really exploring the opportunity of a new day. To those I say: Build a bridge, Get over it, and Move on. A new life awaits you just around the bend....

I'm not a religious person, I think religion is a personal thing that everyone is entitled to practice how they see fit. That being said, I'm asking for a little hope, thoughts or prayers from you all for a dear friend of mine who has been severly injured in a crash this past weekend resulting in paralysis. He's only 20 years old, way too young to lose his ability to walk, and the mere thought of it makes me sick all over again. It is a very difficult time, and I'm not sure how to handle all this, but I figured prayer might be a good alternative...who knows.

thanks guys

Most definitely will keep you both in prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamear View Post
    It is difficult to see past the negative, but if you only think of and look for negative, that is all you will see. He is alive, that alone is a prayer answered. And paralysis is not the end of the world. There are so many more things he could be other than paralyzed.

Just take it one day at a time and thank God for every small little blessing. He maybe on machines for a little while to help him out while his body adjusts and he heals. While its frightening and painful to see remember those machines are helping him and without them, he may not still be with you. He may have lost mobility, but you have not lost your friend, he still has a life. You can still talk to him and hug him and spend time with him, he is alive and not dead. That alone is a blessing.

If you need anything, I am here. Please feel free to drop me a line if you need to talk. I know for me, sometimes talking helps. Writing helps me to. To put everything that is happening down on paper (ok MS Word), then I post it here or in a blog or both. Sometimes, it's soothing and like releasing poison.

I wish you the best...
    I do agree in the fact that we are truly blessed to still have him. He is very strong and I am hoping that in time, he will be able to accept and deal with the cards he has been dealt. Thank you again for all your kind words and help. It has meant more than you know..

I do agree in the fact that we are truly blessed to still have him. He is very strong and I am hoping that in time, he will be able to accept and deal with the cards he has been dealt. Thank you again for all your kind words and help. It has meant more than you know..

Acceptance is a difficult thing to deal with. He might be able to go online and find others with his condition and maybe find a "mentor" someone he could call and talk to and who has gone through what he is. I know online there are some great support networks and sites for family and friends too. The hosptial might offer some assitance if you ask. When he is ready... And if he wants... I can talk to my friend and put you in touch with him.

Like I said, if you need anything, just let me know and I'm glad I could help in any way.

Sometimes I feel just like Sharpay from High School Musical....
    "Don't you see that bigger is better and better is bigger. A little bit is never enough!!! No! No! No! I want it all!"

Some people choose to remain in the past with life, love and happiness; never really exploring the opportunity of a new day. To those I say: Build a bridge, Get over it, and Move on. A new life awaits you just around the bend....

I'm asking for a little hope, thoughts or prayers from you all for a dear friend of mine who has been severly injured in a crash this past weekend resulting in paralysis... but I figured prayer might be a good alternative...who knows.

thanks guys
    Every miracle of healing in the Bible was done so by faith. Without faith there is no hope. And how wonderful it is that you have enough faith to reach out to those that have a relationship with Jesus. Although we will pray to move the hand of God, no one can move it past the will of God.

My prayers for this person have been lifted up to our wonderful Creator. If you want to know more about Him, please ask.

May God give you the peace and understanding of His will.

Also keep us updated on the progress.

Richard

Praying here as well.

Happy Easter to America's First Family and to all of us:

@Jeff Yang,
    As his second term winds down, the President is becoming more open about displaying his wondrous magical powers.

You are the Chris Matthews of Talk Delaware

As if you guys haven't noticed this is what a successful American Presidency looks like:

Quote Originally Posted by QuotetheRaiser View Post
    @Jeff Yang,

Oh Look!!!!! A pot of poop at the end of the rainbow.