Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thoughts & prayers

thoughts & prayers

I'm not a religious person, I think religion is a personal thing that everyone is entitled to practice how they see fit. That being said, I'm asking for a little hope, thoughts or prayers from you all for a dear friend of mine who has been severly injured in a crash this past weekend resulting in paralysis. He's only 20 years old, way too young to lose his ability to walk, and the mere thought of it makes me sick all over again. It is a very difficult time, and I'm not sure how to handle all this, but I figured prayer might be a good alternative...who knows.

thanks guys

Re: thoughts & prayers

My thoughts and prayers to out to your friend and his family, and to you.
    Life isn't Always Beautiful, but It's a Beautiful Ride

Prayers are very powerful. My prayers are with your friend, his family, and friends.
    W~

Unpacked my bags, setting up housekeeping...think I'm here to stay.

He's got my prayers and positive vibes and so do you since you care for him... sorry blondie - what he went through sounds awful.
    Pants! Because no one wants to see your junk but airport security...

You came to the right place, TDers are the best prayer's around
    we have a standing prayer thread in here
    My thoughts and prayers are with your friend

I'm thinking about your friend at this time....how tragic.

"Spread love everywhere you go. Let no one ever come to you without leaving happier." ~ Mother Theresa
    Mother of two....one that runs and one that ^soars^.

Not a religious person either.. But I'll keep your friend in my thoughts!!

"Garbage In, Garbage Out"
    -G. Carlin

prayer and faith are powerful tools.
    may you have plenty of both to guide you thru.

Praying for your friend!
    “Peace if possible, truth at all costs.”- Martin Luther

Thanks to all for your overwhelming support...it's nice to hear a few kind words during a hard time.

football practice, work, field hockey practice, pool, pick one

Blondie that's awful.....you never know, your friend is very young. I hope things work out better than expected.

America is an idea, but it's an idea that brings with it some baggage, like power brings responsibility. It's an idea that brings with it equality, but equality even though it's the highest calling, is the hardest to reach. The idea that anything is possible, that's one of the reasons why I'm a fan of America. - Bono, Commencement University of Pennsylvania May 17, 2004

Will put him on a prayer list.
    So sorry this has happened to your friend.

Bl0ndie, your friend and family are in my prayers and thoughts.
    Keep your head up and remember that you are thought of too.
    LET IT SNOW!!!

I am very sorry for your friend and I hope all goes well and I will pray for you as well.

I know this is a very difficult time for all of you; I have a friend who is a paraplegic. He has a C4 spinal injury. He lost all mobility of his legs and to his elbows, yet has limited use of his hands and wrists. This happened to him when he was only 22 and he was married only 6 months. His marriage ended after 7 years, she got to the point where she couldn't stand to touch him or have him touch her... yes his paralysis ended his marriage. To make matters worse, she cheated on him as well.

I met him last summer, over the internet and he has turned into one of my dearest friends. I have never met someone with a better out look on life and a more positive attitude. I remember saying to him he must have been devastated and thought of suicide at one point (and who could blame him). He told me the thought never entered his mind, he just accepted what had happened and always looked forward. He blames no one.

When this happened, he was very athletic stood at 6’3” about 185 lbs very well built and a VERY handsome young man. He is in his early 30s and still very handsome with the bluest eyes that could make any girl melt. The boy is still a charmer. His paralysis was a freak accident, his motorcycle was in the shop for brake repairs, and he and a friend picked it up when it was done. He was on his newly repaired bike on the way home with his friend trailing him on another bike. His brakes malfunctioned and threw him over the handlebars, he landed flat on his back in a field. Not a single scratch or bruise on him, but it broke his neck.

I guess what I want to let you know is if your friend ends up being paralyzed; it’s not the end of his world. It is the start of another world and a new life and he still needs his friends. My friend told me he lost most of his friends within 6 months of his injury and that made him sadder than actually losing mobility. His friends just couldn’t stand to see him and accept him in this different light and they were always feeling bad and sorry for him. I hope you don’t make the same mistake his friends made. If he does lose his mobility, he will need his friends to help him get through and I pray God gives you the strength to be there for him and to be that friend.

Please keep us updated on how your friend is doing and if you need anything please let me know.

Sometimes I feel just like Sharpay from High School Musical....
    "Don't you see that bigger is better and better is bigger. A little bit is never enough!!! No! No! No! I want it all!"

Some people choose to remain in the past with life, love and happiness; never really exploring the opportunity of a new day. To those I say: Build a bridge, Get over it, and Move on. A new life awaits you just around the bend....

Blondie I will also pray for your friend and you and his family/friends. God Bless!
    FEWER. PROUDER.
    WOMEN MARINES
    and
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD
    "People who love each other fully and truly are the happiest people in the world. They may have little, they may have nothing, but they are happy people. Everything depends on how we love one another." Mother Theresa

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He wouldn't trust me so much."

- Mother Teresa

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.
    You can only make a mistake once. After that it's a choice.

Sunny's thought are with your friend and family. I would die if this happen to my son. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

-Sunny

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.

*sends healing vibes*
    Everyone is responsible for their own happiness.

Need a translation to/from Spanish?
    www.rushingpages.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamear View Post
    I am very sorry for your friend and I hope all goes well and I will pray for you as well.

I know this is a very difficult time for all of you; I have a friend who is a paraplegic. He has a C4 spinal injury. He lost all mobility of his legs and to his elbows, yet has limited use of his hands and wrists. This happened to him when he was only 22 and he was married only 6 months. His marriage ended after 7 years, she got to the point where she couldn't stand to touch him or have him touch her... yes his paralysis ended his marriage. To make matters worse, she cheated on him as well.

I met him last summer, over the internet and he has turned into one of my dearest friends. I have never met someone with a better out look on life and a more positive attitude. I remember saying to him he must have been devastated and thought of suicide at one point (and who could blame him). He told me the thought never entered his mind, he just accepted what had happened and always looked forward. He blames no one.

When this happened, he was very athletic stood at 6’3” about 185 lbs very well built and a VERY handsome young man. He is in his early 30s and still very handsome with the bluest eyes that could make any girl melt. The boy is still a charmer. His paralysis was a freak accident, his motorcycle was in the shop for brake repairs, and he and a friend picked it up when it was done. He was on his newly repaired bike on the way home with his friend trailing him on another bike. His brakes malfunctioned and threw him over the handlebars, he landed flat on his back in a field. Not a single scratch or bruise on him, but it broke his neck.

I guess what I want to let you know is if your friend ends up being paralyzed; it’s not the end of his world. It is the start of another world and a new life and he still needs his friends. My friend told me he lost most of his friends within 6 months of his injury and that made him sadder than actually losing mobility. His friends just couldn’t stand to see him and accept him in this different light and they were always feeling bad and sorry for him. I hope you don’t make the same mistake his friends made. If he does lose his mobility, he will need his friends to help him get through and I pray God gives you the strength to be there for him and to be that friend.

Please keep us updated on how your friend is doing and if you need anything please let me know.

Thank you so much for sharing the story of your friend. It is very difficult to see past the negative and believe in good things coming from such a tragedy. He is only a friend of mine, and judging by what I have been feeling, I cannot imagine the amount of pain his family is going through. I guess we have to roll with the punches and pray every single day for him. Thank you again, it helps a lot just to hear other takes on this situation.