TalkDelaware FreeCycling Rules
The Rules are in place to make the TD FreeCycling experience pleasant for everyone. Please follow them, and ask others to follow them, too.
- Thread titles must begin with OFFER, WANTED, PENDING or PPU and TAKEN.
- Area must be included in title (ZIP code, town or neighborhood).
- Keep it short and sweet: item description, general condition, and any necessary warnings (does not work, has a stain, etc.).
- Responses are to be sent by private messaging to keep the boards uncluttered.
- Remember, the owner of the item decides who gets it, so if you do not receive a reply, accept that someone else got there first; don't bombard them with 30 PMs asking for it.
- No "curb alert" or "first come, first served" posts, please! Gas is expensive and time is in short supply for some members.
- No illegal/dangerous items will be allowed. Exercise good judgment!
- A little "please" and "thank you" can go a long way...
I would add that once the item is gone all posts should be deleted, again to keep clutter down - no need to keep an ad up if it's no longer valid!
I start a thread titled "OFFER: carry-on bag in 19702" and describe the item.
After getting a number of PMs I pick one and reply to them with directions and/or a phone number to arrange for pickup, then post a message saying "PENDING: carry-on bag in 19702, will go down list if a no-show" (or something to that effect).
Once it has been picked up I post "TAKEN: carry-on bag in 19702, thank you" and either request that the thread deleted or delete my posts myself.
If you have any questions or doubts consult your friendly neighborhood moderators and/or administratrors.
Thanks and happy freecycling!
Everyone is responsible for their own happiness.
Need a translation to/from Spanish?
Tags for this Thread