Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Can a brotha/sista get an Amen?

Re: Can a brotha/sista get an Amen?

Quote Originally Posted by LCR in DE View Post
    Old News Doofus. Your study is 5 years old. The one Max quoted and linked to was released yesterday by the EPA.
    I can't believe that you are THAT DUMB! lol the EPA report that max1 commented on and mine are one and the same--the report was STARTED 5 years ago and just been completed. Really, if you would just read the links that max1 and I post here then you'll reduce your stupidity by a factor of 10.

isn't it funny how Beau Stockard and QTR have such a similar way of posting and quoting sources??

http://www.talkdelaware.com/showthre...light=fracking

post #1

Let's get serious:fracking jobs cost twice as much as green jobs

The fracking process to extract deep seams of natural gas in the Earth costs too much,too much water, too much carbon in the air, but a new study shows dollar for dollar , fracking creates half as many jobs as renewable energy. For example, the Sun Oil refinery in Marcus Hook is being re-opened as a site of refining fracking -extracted natural gas . It will create only 450 new jobs. The Delaware Bluewater Off-Shore Wind project would have initially created over 1200 jobs to start with if the Republican-controlled Congress hadn't cut Obama's green Stimulus for renewable energy businesses and blocked the Wind Power Tax Credit(It also threatens the Texas Wind Power Industry as well)Only fossil-free energy can build the economy and planet we need.

Let's Get Serious - AlterNet

www.alternet.org/.../lets-get-serious-fracking-jobs-cost-twice-much-g...Cached
    You +1'd this publicly. Undo
    3 days ago – This article was published in collaboration with GlobalPossibilities.org. President Obama's 2009 economic stimulus program—the American ...

Generally speaking, spending on green investments creates approximately three times as many jobs as spending the same amount of money on maintaining our existing fossil fuel sector. The reasons are straightforward. First, clean energy investments are simply more labor intensive. Also, a higher proportion of overall spending on the green economy remains within the domestic economy as opposed to purchasing imports. ...Nevertheless, there was, indeed, a serious problem with the green stimulus program, which was that not enough money went out the door quickly enough. Given that the budget under President Bush for clean energy investments never even reached $2 billion per year, ratcheting up to $100 billion with the ARRA inevitably entailed major administrative bottlenecks. Indeed, the Congressional Budget Office had anticipated from the start that the green investment features of the ARRA would require five years, not two, to be fully disbursed, with the bulk of the overall budget being spent in the later years. However, by the end of 2011, with only about 40 percent of the allocated funds (at most) having been spent, the remaining allocations were cancelled as part of the new mantra in Washington for deficit reduction. ... There are certainly lessons that need to be learned from the spectacular collapse of Solyndra. But the broad-brush claim that all subsidies for renewable energy are boondoggles is not one of them. In fact, if the world is going to have a chance of controlling climate change over the next twenty to thirty years, renewable energy needs to become abundant and cheap. Among renewable energy sources, wind, geothermal, biofuels, and hydroelectric are already either as affordable or within range of oil, coal, natural gas, and nuclear power strictly in terms of costs. These renewable sources will therefore not require major levels of continued subsidies to establish and maintain commercial competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by QuotetheRaiser View Post
    I can't believe that you are THAT DUMB! lol the EPA report that max1 commented on and mine are one and the same--the report was STARTED 5 years ago and just been completed. Really, if you would just read the links that max1 and I post here then you'll reduce your stupidity by a factor of 10.
    Your links are to wacko left wing nut job sources. Opening them is tantamount to inviting malware in to your system.

Quote Originally Posted by LCR in DE View Post
    Your links are to wacko left wing nut job sources. Opening them is tantamount to inviting malware in to your system.
    You and max1 should know about spreading malware -- both of you are the biggest spreaders of malware on TalkDelaware. I know it. You know it. And , the entire TD community knows it. ( A few Talk Delaware friends warned me all about you cyber-derps. ) lol

TD is back, Thanks Chase!!

Chase you work hard on this place, and I appreciate it!

Thanks for keeping me updated Chase. Lots of lost time to make up for. May the posting force be with us.......

'Revolution' is in its 3rd season on Netflix. Interesting characters and premise for a show that was supposed to be better than 'LOST' (TV series 2004-2010)

Haven't seen it. Need to get with it and stream some shows to break away from Comcast.