1 100.00%
  • Who cares

0 0%
  • Laser has a Holdman Sachs gixation

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: WaPo: Liberal Groups Join Forces fo Block Trump Pick to Head SEC

Thumbs up WaPo: Liberal Groups Join Forces fo Block Trump Pick to Head SEC

Even before I file my official grievance against Trump's pick of Sullivan & Cromwell's Jay Clayton, to be head of the SEC, multiple Progressive groups promise campaign to block nomination.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141722364

A coalition of progressive groups plans to announce Monday a campaign to derail President Trumps nomination of Jay Clayton to lead the Securities and Exchange Commission, targeting Claytons close connections to Wall Street.

"Expecting us to believe that Clayton, Wall Streets lawyer, will adequately police some of the very banks he has represented is an insult to the American peoples intelligence, said Jeff Weaver, president of Our Revolution, a group that grew out of the presidential campaign of Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.). We refuse to stand by as this administration continues to rig the system against the working families of this country.

Other organizations involved in the coalition to oppose Clayton include Allied Progress, Take on Wall Street, the Center for Popular Democracy and Public Citizen.

Re: WaPo: Liberal Groups Join Forces fo Block Trump Pick to Head SEC

Trump could say the sun will come up tomorrow and they would complain. I suspect that Trump will go down as one of our best presidents ever.

That may be....but this pick to head SEC

Is ABSURD

WE (both you and I) cant have one of Frank Nitti's gang put in charge of investigating Al Capone cases

A B S U R D

NY Times published a 2013 stiry about eToys suing Goldman Sachs ( for GSachs doing stock scam); and 2 weeks lqter Toys R Us had to cancel IPO

Direct link to NY TIMES story by Joe Nocera, concerning Goldman Sachs rigging our eToys public offering.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/03/1...-ipo-game.html

As stated by NYT OpEd Joe Nocera

plaintiffs {eToys} charge that Goldman Sachs had a fiduciary duty to maximize eToys’ take from the I.P.O. Instead, Goldman purposely set an artificially low price, so that its real clients, the institutional investors clamoring for the stock, could pocket that first-day run-up. According to the suit, Goldman then demanded that some of those easy profits be kicked back to the firm. Part of their evidence for the calculated underpricing of eToys, according to the plaintiffs’ complaint, was that Lawton Fitt, the Goldman executive who headed the underwriting team and was thus best positioned to gauge the market demand, actually made a bet with several of her colleagues that the price would hit $80 at the opening. (Through a Goldman Sachs spokesman, Fitt declined to comment. Goldman denies that it did anything wrong, about which more shortly.)

I trust Trump to put the right guy in there, if he says the guys a good guy that's enough for me. I respect your opinion, but trust Trump

Thats because they didnt steal your money.

They stole mine, my friends, investors in eToys; and ....apparently ...thats okay with you.

I wpuld never wish such, upon you & yours

I have never said or wished any of that upon you so dont try to say that. as far as it being "ok" to me you have no idea how I think or feel about any issue. for the record its not ok for me

You are being split personality. Just above, argumentively, you said you "trust" Trump's pick to head SEC.

Inference being everything Trump does is perfect.

My rebuttal to your absolute "trust" isn't as ambiguous as yours.

Why argue against the notion that the current pick tohead the SEC is errant; and then say what those guys did to me is

for the record its not ok for me
    You can't call both heads and tails!