Thread: Unadulterated IDIOTS!

Unadulterated IDIOTS!

I have a good friend who sent me an email pointing me to a news article she read on Yahoo.com—I generally don’t read their stuff. Anyway, I opened the link and read the article. I noticed a comment section at the end of the article; so out of curiosity, I sampled some of them (about 40 of them).

Stupid, racist, ignorant, vulgar, clueless, and obscene don’t come close to describing the quality of the conversations going on there. I clicked on a couple more news pieces, and the comments were even worse.

An Internet trend seems to be evolving regarding comment sections. News sites, online newspapers, etc. are abandoning comment sections left and right. No wonder!

Talk Delaware, by comparison, is like one continuous, warm, and friendly Mensa convention. Chase would be spending most of his time banning the majority of those jackasses—or at least all of the ones I posters I read.
    Regards,

Joe Walther
    Old age happens in increments. First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up, and finally, you forget to pull it down.

Re: Unadulterated IDIOTS!

But Joe, that is part of freedom to speak in this country. The comments are rude, racist, not to your liking and you were offended. I'm glad you were and I am often as well. However you cannot deny people the right to express their opinion. After all, it is "Their Opinion", like it or not.

What if the voices that founded this country were silenced, because others felt their opinions were rubbish? You wouldn't have the ability to make the comment you just did, and neither would I.

Quote Originally Posted by LCR in DE View Post
    But Joe, that is part of freedom to speak in this country. The comments are rude, racist, not to your liking and you were offended. I'm glad you were and I am often as well. However you cannot deny people the right to express their opinion. After all, it is "Their Opinion", like it or not.

What if the voices that founded this country were silenced, because others felt their opinions were rubbish? You wouldn't have the ability to make the comment you just did, and neither would I.
    Stop reading things that are not there. I didn't advocate denyjng anyone of their free speech rights, other than to comment that Chase of TD would not tolerate it. People are free to show how stupid they are at all times, but I also have the right to point it out.
    Regards,

Joe Walther
    Old age happens in increments. First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up, and finally, you forget to pull it down.

Can't anybody phrase a good retort any more without making it a personal attack? Attack my position on something if you wish, but attack me as a person? To me that shows weakness and lack of a well thought out defensible position.Just because you can insult someone doesn't mean you should.

Quote Originally Posted by LCR in DE View Post
    It is particularly nice when these posters can hide on the net using screen names isn't it?

Sometimes it's scarier when they don't.

Yes many news sites are closing comments, or only allowing comments on cheery articles. THEN what happens (see CNN) is that you have a article about Unicorns that fart rainbows, and you hit the comments and read this...

anon_username: i can't belive CNN blocks the comments on the xyz (ferguson, obama, etc) newz storey and lets us comment here. I am real fed up with that comotion down there!!

joe_schmo: i agree, them people aught to be shot and strung up setting them fires and looting

more crap, crap, crap, crap, it's all crap.

let the people talk! we don't have many rules here and we lucked out MAINLY with having plenty of good people who know how to speak without making jackasses of themselves.

Sam Rayburn,
    “Any jackass can kick down a barn, but it takes a good carpenter to build one”
    Here's one of the reasons that I am a follower of 'The Carpenter'. Romans 13:7 'On respecting others':
    Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.