Thread: Chase to add 1,200 well-paid positions

Thanks
    Thanked 1,350 Times in 824 Posts

Chase to add 1,200 well-paid positions

JPMorgan Chase & Co. said Friday it plans to add 1,200 new jobs in the next year and a half and make $50 million in capital investments in Delaware, a needed economic jolt for a state where the unemployment rate remains at 7 percent.
    The job creation will be funded in part by a $10 million state job development grant that calls for an average salary range of $76,000 for the new Chase jobs. The first 600 jobs will be added by the end of this year and another 600 positions added by the close of 2013, according to Alan Levin, director of the Delaware Economic Development Office.
    Chase, which has offices in Wilmington and outside Newark, will use the lion’s share of the state funds – $8.6 million – to support the hiring of full-time employees with positions that run the gamut of its operations from executive and management level positions to administrative staff.
    Chase spokesman Paul Hartwick confirmed the bank is planning for the 1,200 jobs across several lines of businesses here. Chase’s 6,000 Delaware employees work in Treasury & Securities Services, Investment Banking, Asset and Wealth Management, Card Services, Corporate Technology and other areas.
    The remaining $1.4 million in state aid is earmarked for capital improvements, including new telephone systems and computers, Levin said. The bank should be able to absorb the new positions in its existing space.
    “JPMorgan Chase has a long and rich history here in Delaware, and it is a great place to do business,” Gordon Smith, CEO of Chase’s Card Services and Auto Business, said in a statement. “We appreciate the positive business climate fostered by Governor [Jack] Markell, his administration and the leadership of the state.”
    The announcement was made Friday afternoon by DEDO, which said the aid for the bank will come from the Delaware Strategic Fund. Read more
    http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...nclick_check=1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to longnecker For This Useful Post:

Brainstorm (04-15-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 Times in 1,259 Posts

Re: Chase to add 1,200 well-paid positions

I think chase ought to give out the jobs based upon when you signed up to be a member.....Remember Chase I said "theres a place for you and your family at the compound" so help a brother out.

Thanks

I'll see what I can do buddy...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase For This Useful Post:

max1 (04-15-2012)

Thanks

So Chase is finally getting some help with the website?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Josef For This Useful Post:

max1 (04-15-2012),motherof3 (04-17-2012)

Thanks

Chase Bank may say it has a rich tradition here, but it sure doesnt have any banking presence. It was kind of a pain to learn that my main banking relationship for many years would have to become a much less convenient long-distance relationship once I moved to DE.