Thread: Looking for a good Realtor

Thanks

Looking for a good Realtor

Hi
    We are looking at houses in the Newark area and are trying to find a good realtor. We've run into a couple from the open houses that we've been to, but not sure if they are good. We only meet with them for a couple of minutes. There is one that we seems to like a little, but she doesn't have that much experience (she's only been in the business for a year and a half). So I'm a little hesitant. Does anyone know of someone that they have worked with that they could recommend?

Thanks

Re: Looking for a good Realtor

I have used and would recommend John Bogucki at Prudential fox and roach.

John Bogucki | Prudential Fox and Roach Realtors

Thanks

Opinion on Realtors?

I know this changes the original post a little bit. But is everyones take on Realtors? Would you use a buyers realtor for your first purchase or just use the listing agent on the house that you want to look at? I hear good reasons for both, so I'm a little torn. Also I guess it just comes down to just finding a good lawyer. Does anyone have any recommends on that?

Thanks

John Sloniewski with The Mottola Group (Patterson Schwartz).

Wilmington Real Estate, Greenville Homes, Delaware Investment Property - The Mottola Group

We used him to sell two houses and buy a house all within the course of 4 months. Excellent service and care.

And, IMO, always get your own agent in a transaction - don't rely on the agent hired by the seller to represent your interests as well.

Thanks

I'd recommend Patricia McDerby who helped me find/buy my current house. She really knows the market and was very diligent in selecting and previewing properties that met very specific but personal criteria... and this was back when the market was hot and many brokers felt deals would fall from the sky. I'd had some bad experiences that led to firing two earlier brokers who promised much and delivered little--- and in one case there was a very shady situation with a bid I made on a property owned by another broker in that same RE company.

To state the obvious, it's helpful to interview several and find someone who's knowledgeable, trustworthy and willing to commit to the schedule and priorities that you have.

McDerby Team - Homes for sale in Newark, Wilmington, Hockessin, New Castle, Middletown, Elsmere & Surrounding Areas

Thanks

My advise would be get your own agent. We got burned trying to use a selling agent a few years ago. Needless to say we never did move! lol But our house now looks great!! Good luck with your search!
    You can only make a mistake once. After that it's a choice.

Thanks

I've used Margueite Argelander (Patterson Schwartz) and was quite happy with the results. She is quite attentive person. Does lots of work upfront for the seller and really looks out for the buyer to make sure all the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted. I must say that she is also my niece so I may be a little baised. Give her a try
    Government is not the answer. Government is the problem!!