Thread: Wrong Number Leads to Arrests

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 823 Posts

Wrong Number Leads to Arrests

HARRINGTON, Del.- Authorities say two people are facing charges after one of them mistakenly sent text messages to a Harrington police officer asking to buy drugs.

Harrington police on Wednesday charged 19-year-old Alisha M. West and 33-year-old Jesse M. Pittman, both of Dover, with third-degree criminal solicitation and third-degree conspiracy.
    Investigators said the arrests stemmed from an incident in which an officer with the Harrington Police Department began receiving text messages from an unknown phone number. According to police, the person who was texting the officer began asking to buy Percocet pills.
    The officer began texting back with the unknown number and arranged to meet the person who sent the texts at the Moose Lodge on South DuPont Highway in Harrington. When the scheduled meeting took place, officers from the Harrington Police Department converged on a vehicle occupied by West and Pittman and arrested them without incident. There was also a 3-month-old baby in the car that was uninjured, according to police.
    While speaking to West and Pittman, officers said they determined that the number West was texting was a wrong number and she did not know the number belonged to a police officer. West and Pittman were issued criminal summons for the aforementioned offenses, with Pittman being additionally charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. Both were released pending a future court appearance.
    The infant in the vehicle was turned over to the custody of its mother.
    http://www.wboc.com/story/16504995/w...ads-to-arrests

Thanks

Re: Wrong Number Leads to Arrests

Wow...talk about bad luck for that person! To randomly text a cop. Probably for the best though, considering the 3 month old in the car.

Thanks

I agree with Josef, but is this not some form of entrapment? I cam so see them fighting this and getting nothing.
    max1- ima "swallow or its gone in yer eye kinda guy"

EpicWin-"is that why Cracker wears an eye patch?"

cracker- "I knew max was a homo when I realized that his d--k tasted like s--t!"

Thanks

Well, no one ever said crime was a Mensa recommendation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose View Post
    I agree with Josef, but is this not some form of entrapment? I cam so see them fighting this and getting nothing.
    How do you figure intrapment? They texted the cop..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
    How do you figure intrapment? They texted the cop..
    That was my thought too Longnecker. They initiated it by texting the cop. Stupidity is not a defense. Once again kids.......this is your brain on drugs!!! I bet that cop couldn't believe his luck though. Talk about an easy bust. It must be nice when the criminal come to you! lol
    You can only make a mistake once. After that it's a choice.

Thanks

I don't think wanting to buy pills is a crime, now if they had some to sell...
    there won't be much to come out of this'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grin View Post
    I don't think wanting to buy pills is a crime, now if they had some to sell...
    there won't be much to come out of this'
    They are prescription pills that were prescribed to someone else. If you are in possession of them, you are committing an illegal activity. If you share antibiotics, I don't think you are going to have an issue, but Narcotics, you are going to the clink! If you are carrying them, just be sure to carry them in the bottle that came with them, you will be fine. Just make sure they are prescribed to you and not someone else. Narcotics is really the key word in all of it.

Yes, I realized what everyone said after I hit submit and walked away. My bad all....

cracker- "I knew max was a homo when I realized that his d--k tasted like s--t!"

Thanks

Misunderstanding there B, my point was ,they were looking to buy from the person they were calling(cop). they had no drugs in their possession.

Thanks

But buying narcotics or scheduled drugs is a crime. I think that was Bellicoses point there. That's why you have to show ID and sign at the pharmacy for them. It's a huge market apparently and hopefully they'll at least get social services involved for the sake of the infant. Narcotics of any kind and taking care of an infant should not go together. JMO
    You can only make a mistake once. After that it's a choice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grin View Post
    Misunderstanding there B, my point was ,they were looking to buy from the person they were calling(cop). they had no drugs in their possession.
    Sorry got away from the point I was supposed to make. hehehe, I was called B from a newbie...heheheh The "newbie" comment is no form of disrespect, so please do not take it that way. Only get called B by a few people on here, so found it funny. Don't care who calls me it either, so please feel free to keep posting it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by motherof3 View Post
    But buying narcotics or scheduled drugs is a crime. I think that was Bellicoses point there. That's why you have to show ID and sign at the pharmacy for them. It's a huge market apparently and hopefully they'll at least get social services involved for the sake of the infant. Narcotics of any kind and taking care of an infant should not go together. JMO
    Exactly what she said, even trying to buy them black market style, when they are not yours is illegal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellicose View Post
    I don't think it even comes close to entrapment , although some atty. will certainly try that, remember, the police were contacted first, they just played along, what were they supposed to do? Tell them that they had contacted a policeman rather than their drug dealer? I can't see an entrapment plea going anywhere, it may be used, depending on their records, to plea down the charge.
    Some people have cats and go on to lead perfectly normal lives.

Thanks

The pale moon was rising above the green mountainThe sun was declining beneath the blue seaWhen I strayed with my love to the pure crystal fountainThat stands in beautiful vale of Tralee.She was lovely and fair as the rose of the summerYet, 'twas not her beauty alone that won meOh no! 'Twas the the truth in her eye ever beamingThat made me love Mary, the Rose of Tralee.The cool shades of evening their mantle were spreadingAnd Mary all smiling was listening to meThe moon through the valley her pale rays was sheddingWhen I won the heart of the Rose of Tralee.Though lovely and fair as the rose of the summerYet, 'twas not her beauty alone that won meOh no! 'Twas the the truth in her eye ever beamingThat made me love Mary, the Rose of Tralee.
    "We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
    -Ronald Reagan