Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I remember that... Whatever happened to that?

I remember that... Whatever happened to that?

Remember just a few short years ago the Regal Brandywine Town Center had games and rides? They had laser tag (Never Tried it) a mini -- indoor -- race track. A ferris wheel with a few eatery shops and party rooms. I use to like to go there and play the video games before I saw a movie. I would even get an expensive pizza from the pizza shop.

Now all that Remains is the Theatre and a mini video game section.... Whats up with that?

Hmmmmm.... Maybe I should have remembered and wrote about Six Gun Territory... I use to LOVE that place!
    " When you fight a clown, someone will end up with a pie in the face. "

Re: I remember that... Whatever happened to that?

wasn't it called funscape?

Yeah! Family Funscape! I use to take all my out of state friends there. Even when I was in Philly, if my Philly friends would want to go to the movies I would pile them in the car and bring them to Delaware

I grew up across the street from that place. It had a lot of problems with rowdy kids that broke things and vandalized the bathrooms, so they shut those parts down that attracted kids.. Now it's just a waste of space...

"Garbage In, Garbage Out"
    -G. Carlin

I was there a few weeks ago. I enjoyed taking the escalator to the theatre...I guess I'm a dork, lol! I didn't like how little the theatre was in comparison to Peoples Plaza. I think I have been ruined for all other movie theatres.

That's a shame. I use to love that place! When I was in Atlanta I was taken to a movie complex that they built an entertainment center around and had a live band performing there when I arrived. Surprisingly, we were able to find decent & cheap parking nearby in their automated parking garage. It was clean, the prices were good and there was so much to do there that we were tempted to see the free show and skip the movie!

Then they also had Turner showing movies in the park there. People would sit on blankets in the field and watch a movie like Valley of the Dolls on a big temporary screen (After the sun went down).

That was a lot of fun too and it also was free

Quote Originally Posted by SCRAPPY View Post
    I grew up across the street from that place. It had a lot of problems with rowdy kids that broke things and vandalized the bathrooms, so they shut those parts down that attracted kids.. Now it's just a waste of space...
    How many arcades have closed in the Concord Mall? At least 5 or 6 in the last 25 years. Same reason Christiana Mall doesn't allow unaccompanied teens on weekend nights....

It became a baby sitter for a lot trash. They'd get dropped off or ride the bus, trash the place, start a fight, get picked up by the cops, and then their parent would have to leave their job to take them back home (provided their parent didn't just stick 'em on a bus).

It's the same with Tri-State Mall...movie theater, comedy club, any venue...the trash comes in...then the cops come in...then the owners have to make a decision on providing their own security or closing up, but when they get the bill for doing it on their own (including the increased insurance), they close up anyway.
    Drinking alcohol in Kentucky is considered being "sober" until you cannot hold on to the ground.

I think where the race track was is part of Lowes now, what I want to know is whats the deal with the shopping center between the theater and Target. they have a huge 2 level parking lot automated fountains and tons of retail space and all that's there is .....Friendlys? WTF. why is it that after 5-6 years they cant fill those stores
    -Brent J.
    I wanna dip my balls in it!

Quote Originally Posted by MetalBrent View Post
    I think where the race track was is part of Lowes now, what I want to know is whats the deal with the shopping center between the theater and Target. they have a huge 2 level parking lot automated fountains and tons of retail space and all that's there is .....Friendlys? WTF. why is it that after 5-6 years they cant fill those stores
    In the rear -- behind those places are Lowes, A grocery store and a few large clothing/sporting goods stores.

If you have not checked them out then your missing a good shopping experience

i used to go there all the time, since my brother and I are twins, we had virtually the same group of friends, we would go ride the go carts before the movie, it seems like everytime we went the laser tag was shut down so we would mini golf instead.

I think that Funscape was still around for the last year or so when we first moved down here. I think my husband checked it out, but I never saw it.

I love that area and we do a lot of shopping there (well, it's close to home). Around the back of Target is Dick's Sporting Goods, Old Navy, Michael's, Bed Bath and Beyond, Drexel Heritage (I will always love you), Thomasville and Lowes. Did I miss any??

It's a shame that more stores haven't bought into the retail space in the front other than Target, Friendly's, Moe's Mexican, MJM and New Balance.
    (I know they had Bombay there...gone...and now a discount Boscov's furniture place among Kincade and another furniture store that is gone).

Oh yeah, and The Christamas Tree Shop is there, too.

I love shopping there! Then again, I love all of Concord Pike and what it has to offer.

$40/sq foot + $100K in escrow for a 5 year lease eliminates most smaller stores and franchises. Additionally, it's a lot of odd space so many of the mid and upper-level franchises won't touch it because of the amount of renovations necessary to conform to their standards. I'm very surprised that Patel hasn't put a Dunkin' Donuts or Subway in there (probably the rent).
    Drinking alcohol in Kentucky is considered being "sober" until you cannot hold on to the ground.

I'm very familiar with the area, I'm just surprised that with the success of the surrounding stores that they are unable to attract retailers to those locations
    and why I'm on it, I know I've said it before, but why don't we have a Sonic yet round here... or a guitar center...accent sucks
    -Brent J.

and why I'm on it, I know I've said it before, but why don't we have a Sonic yet round here
    They're workin' on it...a single family owns the rights to Delaware Sonics and they're (slowly) workin' their way up Rt 1...it's just gonna take a few years. Dover isn't THAT far when the need hits.

Ya gotta go all the way to Tom's River for a White Castle since the one of Packer Ave closed down.

did they close the one in Cherry hill?

JK
    -Brent J.

Family Funscape! Yeah, uh, I remember that! It was where ..... it was that place that, like, where my family used to go, uh...and we'd like....uh, we'd have, like, like, fun...and stuff.

Ok, ok, I moved here from North Carolina less than ten years ago, but I was feeling all left out, lol.
    The only way to bring about change is to actively strive to achieve it. - (7-24-09, Witchofthedogs)

Quote Originally Posted by Decent View Post
    Family Funscape! Yeah, uh, I remember that! It was where ..... it was that place that, like, where my family used to go, uh...and we'd like....uh, we'd have, like, like, fun...and stuff.

Ok, ok, I moved here from North Carolina less than ten years ago, but I was feeling all left out, lol.
    Too late. You've already been whacked upside the head and are headin' to White Castle. You'll get home at 4 or 5 am.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    They're workin' on it...a single family owns the rights to Delaware Sonics and they're (slowly) workin' their way up Rt 1...it's just gonna take a few years. Dover isn't THAT far when the need hits.

Ya gotta go all the way to Tom's River for a White Castle since the one of Packer Ave closed down.
    ...or Elkton.

Elkton? perhaps a visit is in order

Sliders til you puke................ Road trip to my youth.